Date: Wed, 3 Oct 2012 20:38:12 -0500
From: Richard Miles <richard.k.miles@...glemail.com>
To: john-users@...ts.openwall.com
Cc: john.magnum@...hmail.com
Subject: Re: Two questions (or feature suggestion) about JTR usage.

Hi magnum,

Thanks for answer, it was very helpful.

a) It's not working for me, my john is version 1.7.9-jumbo-6+unstable, I
sent the SIGHUP as demonstrated below:

kill -1 <PID>
kill -HUP <PID>

However, the progress is not displayed on my script that is calling john.
Am I doing something wrong?

I took a look at doc/EXTERNAL and I really don't know how to use it for
example to display progress every 30 minutes. Do you have any example or
link that may help me?

I would love if you could re-implement or commit the --status-every=SECONDS
feature.

b) It worked very well, great!

Thanks