Date: Wed, 3 Oct 2012 22:54:02 +0200
From: magnum <john.magnum@...hmail.com>
To: john-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: issue with cracking SIP dumps

On 2 Oct, 2012, at 23:34 , buawig <buawig@...il.com> wrote:
> since Dhiru Kholia was unfortunately not able to reproduce this it would
> be great if a few people could run the attached crackme file against
> john-1.7.9-jumbo-7 (or jumbo-6) and tell me whether it run fine or not.
> I can reproduce it on two separate hosts every time I run john against
> this file.
>

> sipdump2john.py sipdump.out.anonymized.txt > crackme

If you do not mix versions, it will work fine. That file you attached was produced with a non-released (git) version of sipdump2john (September 14 or newer) but you try to crack it using a released Jumbo.

If you manually remove the "5060*" right after the "sip*2.2.2.2*" I suppose the file will work fine with Jumbo-7 (but cease to load in unstable Jumbo).

Jumbo-7 was a bugfix-release only. There are loads of new stuff in the git trees that was not included in Jumbo-7, even things added to git literally months before Jumbo-7 release.

magnum