Date: Sun, 2 Sep 2012 01:29:03 +0200
From: Paul van Hoven <paul.van.hoven@...glemail.com>
To: john-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Cracking Word files?

Sorry for not having answered so long. I now had again time to try the
compilation of office2john. On my Ubunut Natty installation I altered
the code of office2john.c back from mkdtemp to mktemp. Then I again
executed the following commands on the console

make clean linux-x86-64 (works fine)
make office2john

I get the follwing compilation error

parallels@...ntu:~/Downloads/magnumripper-magnum-jumbo-47a6d4e/src$
make office2john
gcc `xml2-config --cflags` `pkg-config --cflags libgsf-1`
office2john.c common.o base64.o `pkg-config --libs libgsf-1`
`xml2-config --libs` -o ../run/office2john
/tmp/ccbohS5F.o: In function `test':
office2john.c:(.text+0xdf2): warning: the use of `mktemp' is
dangerous, better use `mkstemp' or `mkdtemp'

This is where the compilation stops.