Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2012 10:16:43 -0400
From: Matt Weir <cweir@...edu>
To: john-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Traouble getting started - can anyone offer advice?

I was just talking with someone the other day and it sounds like they
had the exact same problem with the Windows binary of JtR version
1.7.9-jumbo5. They were testing JtR out with a sha512crypt hash and
JtR reported no hashes loaded. They then tried the exact same hash in
a version of JtR included in backtrack, (they didn't say which
version), and the hash loaded with no problems.

Matt