Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2012 09:36:16 -0400
From: Rich Rumble <richrumble@...il.com>
To: john-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Arstechnica Password article (feat. Matt Weir)

http://arstechnica.com/security/2012/08/passwords-under-assault/
Good article, no mention of Jtr :( or it's incremental and other
modes, rather focus on GPU cracking using HashCat mostly; some other
tools mentioned as well. Also I had no idea we were actually going to
be up against the Erebus system (http://ob-security.info/?p=546)in the
contest, but I guess I should of known :)
While I wish JtR and all it's abilities (GPU included), the article is
accurate as far as I can tell.
-rich