Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2012 13:27:54 -0400 (EDT)
From: "Brad Tilley" <brad@...ystems.com>
To: john-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Arstechnica Password article (feat. Matt Weir)

> Most people are already relying their entire security on one single
> master password : that of their main e-mail account. This is because of
> the password recovery options.

Some email systems (such as gmail) now offer two factor authentication to
make email accounts more difficult to compromise. I've always liked one
time password systems since I used S/Key many years ago. Also, I
implemented the software portion of a Vasco based OTP system at Virginia
Tech many years ago, too, and now I use the Google OTP functionality. I
think we'll see more and more of it and I encourage all gmail users to
enable it now. It provides decent security without too much inconvenience.

Brad