Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2012 08:40:43 +0200
From: Frank Dittrich <frank_dittrich@...mail.com>
To: john-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: JTR 1.7.9 jumb6 problem with rule.

On 07/08/2012 09:54 AM, websiteaccess wrote:

>  I did my own rules, since 1.7.9 jumbo 6 this rule do not works.
>
>  \!! :[:cu] Az"[ !"'@$%&()*\\\-/=_+.><~:,\[\]]"  A0"\0"
>
>  I get : Invalid rule in ./john.conf at line 442: Unknown command

This didn't work for jumbo-5 either.
Which rule definition really worked for you using jumbo-5, and in which
way did you change your rule afterwards?
What are you trying to achieve with your rules? If you mention that, it
will be easier to adjust your rule definition so that it works in the
intended way.

For a start, you cannot use Az"..." to when the string you want to
append contains a '"' as well.
So you have to find another character, say '~': Az~...~

But if you want to append just a single character [...], then it is
better to use $ instead of Az.

Frank