Date: Fri, 6 Jul 2012 00:34:37 +0200
From: Frank Dittrich <frank_dittrich@...mail.com>
To: john-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Feature Request - Timed Status updates

On 07/05/2012 10:26 PM, Rob Fuller wrote:
> I run john in a number of different ways and don't always have the ability
> to send the space key to it, it'd be nice to have a way to tell john (might
> already exist and I just need to RTFM more) to print status updates every
> so often.
> --status-time= minutes/seconds whatever, I'd default to 5 minutes personally

What about seeing status information of all the running john sessions in
one place?
Just run a script similar to the one attached here.
I barely tested the script, but it should work
on any unix-like system.
(I am not so sure about cygwin.)
Probably the same thing can be done easier than this.

For each session you'll see some output similar to this:
Session: john
guesses: 0  time: 0:00:10:00 0.00% (3)  c/s: 1085K

Frank

Download attachment "status.sh" of type "application/x-sh" (763 bytes)