Date: Tue, 5 Jun 2012 09:17:08 +0400
From: Solar Designer <solar@...nwall.com>
To: john-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: JtR OMP Questions

On Mon, Jun 04, 2012 at 05:37:59PM -0700, NeonFlash wrote:
> Thanks. I knew about the option, OMP_NUM_THREADS which can be passed at command line to configure the number of threads to be used. However, this works only on the Linux Platform. Is there a similar option available for the Windows version of JtR as well?

The exact same environment variable works on Windows.  You just need a
way to set it.  If you install Cygwin and run John from bash, then the
same syntax that you use on Linux will also work on Windows (in bash).
Otherwise, you may use the "set" command at the usual Windows command
prompt (cmd.exe) before running john-omp.

Alexander