Date: Mon, 4 Jun 2012 09:14:50 +0200
From: Frank Dittrich <frank_dittrich@...mail.com>
To: john-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: john.conf options subsections

On 05/29/2012 10:59 PM, magnum wrote:
> In Jumbo, we currently have no subsections of Options in john.conf. In
> next Jumbo (magnum-jumbo git repo), we have [Options:OpenCL]. I'm
> contemplating the introduction of a couple new ones (suggested by Frank
> several times and I think someone else too wanted it):

> the Markov options will be placed here

> the MPI tweak options will be placed here

> all remaining Jumbo-only options will be placed here

What if features currently only available in the jumbo version will
finally be included into the official version?
In this case, users would have to adjust their config files again.

So I would vote for moving the options currently under [Options:Jumbo]
to the general options section, and getting rid of [Options:Jumbo].
Sorry that I didn't voice my doubts before you committed the change to
your git repository.

Frank