Date: Mon, 21 May 2012 20:09:44 +0400
From: Aleksey Cherepanov <aleksey.4erepanov@...il.com>
To: john-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: existing collaboration tools suitable for MJohn

On Wed, May 02, 2012 at 11:21:03AM +0200, Frank Dittrich wrote:
> > - Collaboration tools research
> > - Draft implementation of server side
> >
> > There are some tools for collaboration or just communication including cms's,
> > forums, chats, blogs, wikis, bug trackers. So I will look through them to
> > learn how it could be and look like. Then I'll familiarize myself with the
> > best solution and try to implement part of server using it.
>
> Please post an update to john-users (probably a separate thread) If you
> come to any conclusions what tools could be used (and what makes them a
> good choice) and what tools have been dismissed (for what reason)

I looked through output of 'apt-cache search collaboration' and found
that project management systems for distributed development could suit
our needs well. Often they are web applications with ability to post
articles, comment on them, attach files, some systems allow voting,
supports different frontends and provide flexible search with filters.

So I'd like to investigate request-tracker. Request-tracker attracted
my attention because while it is a full featured site engine with cms
it is implemented in perl, supports web, email, and command-line
interfaces. Other systems of that class are similar but are not
implemented in perl and often lack support for multiple uis.

Also I think publishing software and cmss are more suitable for MJohn
than others. But it seems for me that they would need more
configuration and code. Though I did not look on them precisely yet.
Maybe I miss something.

Regards,
Aleksey Cherepanov