Date: Tue, 15 May 2012 21:28:26 +0400
From: Aleksey Cherepanov <aleksey.4erepanov@...il.com>
To: john-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Aleksey's status report #2

On Mon, May 14, 2012 at 07:57:10PM +0400, Aleksey Cherepanov wrote:
> On Wed, May 02, 2012 at 04:48:33PM +0200, Lukas Odzioba wrote:
> > 2012/5/1 Aleksey Cherepanov <aleksey.4erepanov@...il.com>:
> > > I put my choice onto 'Joan the Helper' name. It is not perfect. So comments
> > > are welcome.
> >
> > BJtR - brutal,
> > MJtR - mutli,
> > DJtR - distributed
> > JtR (s)team machine - team or steam :)
> > JcM John crack machine
> > JcT John cracking toolkit
>
> I'd add cjtr to the first half of that list standing for
> collaborative.
>
> I doubt about using john as a part of name because it seems for me to
> be counter to intension to make something that works with john, helps
> it and does not replace it.
>
> Nevertheless mjtr (or mjohn) and cjtr (or cjohn) seems to be easy
> googlable and reflect intentions better than others.

I would like to stop on MJohn. Where M is abstract and could refer to
multi, massive, mega and/or meta, because they reflect project's
intension but any of these words with john is too popular in google
while just mjohn is not.

I created new page and linked jane's page to that new:
http://openwall.info/wiki/john/mjohn

Should I remove old jane's page? How could I do it?

Regards,
Aleksey Cherepanov