Date: Fri, 20 Apr 2012 03:32:06 +0000 (UTC)
From: donovan <contact.newangels@...il.com>
To: john-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Extract the cracked pass from John.pot

Frank Dittrich <frank_dittrich@...> writes:

> On 04/19/2012 06:52 PM, donovan wrote:
> > I try some's commmands but unfortunetly don't work, here they are ;
> >
> > cut -d: -f2 john.pot > PassFromJohn.txt
>
> In addition to what others already mentioned:
>
> "don't work" really isn't a good description of your problem.
> Better would have been to mention what result you expected and what
> result you got. Otherwise, people can only guess.
>
> As already mentioned, you should use -f 2- just in case there are
> passwords containing colons.
>
> If your problem is that john,pot contains lines with another separator
> instead of a colon, you have to adjust the -d option accordingly.
>
> If your problem is that you have mixed lines in john.pot, some with a
> colon as a separator, some without a colon, you might want to add the -s
> option, to skip all lines which don't contain a colon.
>
> If your problem is that you wanted to see the cracked passwords on the
> screen (instead of redirecting output into a file), you could have used
>
> cut -d; -f 2- -s john.pot | less
>
> Assuming less exists on Mac OSX, otherwise try more instead, or just use
> cut -d; -f 2- -s john.pot
>
> Frank

Hi Frank,

Thanks a lot for your reply,

TO reply to your question, & like i allready reply by Mail ( my both replys to
Jean Michek & Alexander don't appear allready, maybe tomorow )

I just need the pass who are in my John.pot ( 225 MO )

Like you know the lines in the POT file apear like ;

:hashes:pass

i just need the pass, & whant to save all of them into an file.

2/ i try to use the command you purpose uper & i got this replys :

new-host:run xxxx$ cut -d; -f 2- -s john.pot > test.txt
cut: option requires an argument -- d
usage: cut -b list [-n] [file ...]
       cut -c list [file ...]
       cut -f list [-s] [-d delim] [file ...]