Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2012 22:14:36 +0200
From: Frank Dittrich <frank_dittrich@...mail.com>
To: john-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Extract the cracked pass from John.pot

On 04/19/2012 06:52 PM, donovan wrote:
> I try some's commmands but unfortunetly don't work, here they are ;
>
> cut -d: -f2 john.pot > PassFromJohn.txt

In addition to what others already mentioned:

"don't work" really isn't a good description of your problem.
Better would have been to mention what result you expected and what
result you got. Otherwise, people can only guess.

As already mentioned, you should use -f 2- just in case there are
passwords containing colons.

If your problem is that john,pot contains lines with another separator
instead of a colon, you have to adjust the -d option accordingly.

If your problem is that you have mixed lines in john.pot, some with a
colon as a separator, some without a colon, you might want to add the -s
option, to skip all lines which don't contain a colon.

If your problem is that you wanted to see the cracked passwords on the
screen (instead of redirecting output into a file), you could have used

cut -d; -f 2- -s john.pot | less

Assuming less exists on Mac OSX, otherwise try more instead, or just use
cut -d; -f 2- -s john.pot

Frank