Date: Sat, 7 Apr 2012 21:51:15 +0400
From: Solar Designer <solar@...nwall.com>
To: john-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Restore to mpi

Jimmy,

On Sat, Apr 07, 2012 at 12:45:30PM -0500, Jimmy Blakeney wrote:
> I have been running an incremental process for a while now.  It is possible to "migrate" the recovery file to an MPI?  I am able to run the jumbo-5 version on my SuSE linux box and it appears to function fine.  I would like to incorporate the recovery that has been running on a single processor, instead of starting over.

You can easily switch to an OpenMP-enabled build and back, but you can't
reasonably easily and reliably do that with MPI (technically maybe you
could, but that's not something we support and it might not work right).

Hashes of what type are you cracking?  If we have reasonably efficient
OpenMP code for them, then just use that.

Alexander