Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2012 13:54:55 -0400
From: Rich Rumble <richrumble@...il.com>
To: john-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Cracking Thunderbirds password database.

On Wed, Mar 21, 2012 at 1:11 PM, Dhiru Kholia <dhiru.kholia@...il.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 21, 2012 at 9:50 PM, Dhiru Kholia <dhiru.kholia@...il.com> wrote:
>> If master password is *not* set, then you can use
>> https://github.com/halfgenius/mozilla_password_dump to dump the
>> password information (works for both Thunderbird and Firefox). If
>> master password is set, then FireMasterLinux can help. Do report back
>> if it works or not. Thanks!
>
> Just confirmed that FireMasterLinux works with both Firefox's and
> Thunderbird's master password option. I have cloned FireMasterLinux
> (and slightly modified it to compile on Ubuntu) at
> https://github.com/halfgenius/FireMasterLinux
Here are various FF key3.db's and "signons" files.
Sorted by name they should pair up nicely. Again the file name
indicates what version of FF was used, the pass is between the underscores
if __null__ then no password was used. Any FF version after 4.0 is still
compatible with current stable FF files (current FF ver 11)
Files contain "dummy" data created by me using FF versions. I hope this
helps create a JtR patch capable of recovering FF/TB passwords.
-rich

Download attachment "Firefox-secrets.tar.gz" of type "application/x-gzip" (14842 bytes)