Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2012 20:59:29 +0000
From: a <fromthestormofshadows@...il.com>
To: john-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Cracking Thunderbirds password database.

I have managed to extract the encrypted user names and passwords from my
Thunderbird database file, signons.sqlite and saved the data to a plain
text file. I have eight lines, each with the user name and password, yet
I have four email accounts. There is also the file, key3.db, which
contains information about encryption for the passwords in signons.sqlite.

However John states there are "No password hashes loaded (see FAQ)" for
all files.

Apparently the passwords in signons.sqlite are encoded by using base64
and encrypted with 3DES and key3.db provides the decryption.

I am not sure how to tackle this problem.