Date: Sun, 22 Jan 2012 09:07:21 -0700
From: Stephen John Smoogen <smooge@...il.com>
To: john-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Segmentation fault in john-1.7.9-jumbo-5 under some conditions

On 22 January 2012 07:32,  <madfran@...-ezine.org> wrote:
>>> Then I try the original john.conf

>>> Segmentation fault (core dumped)
>>

>> Are you saying that the problem is reproducible even on the official
>> Windows build of john-1.7.9-jumbo-5 with the original Keyboard mode?
>

> Yes

Hey this is a question out of left field, but it helped me with a
similar situation. Did you do a rebaseall after installing some libs
needed for the compile?

http://cygwin.wikia.com/wiki/Rebaseall

Again this may not be a factor at all but I had a similar problem with
a program I was working on and it "solved" it for me.

--
Stephen J Smoogen.
recommend pleasant. You may quote me."  —James Stewart as Elwood P. Dowd