Date: Fri, 20 Jan 2012 22:47:22 +0400
From: Solar Designer <solar@...nwall.com>
To: john-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: JtR OpenCL patch

On Fri, Jan 20, 2012 at 09:19:34AM -0500, Rich Rumble wrote:
> Patches fail on Cygwin, I'm going to look at the CUDA
> patches now to see if they also fail.
>
> # patch -p1 < john-1.7.9-jumbo-5-opencl-5.diff
> patching file src/Makefile
> Hunk #1 succeeded at 46 with fuzz 1 (offset -45 lines).
> Hunk #2 FAILED at 102.

Not confirmed.  The patch applies fine for me.

I guess you're trying to apply on top of clean 1.7.9, whereas the patch
is supposed to be applied on top of 1.7.9-jumbo-5 (the wiki page says so).

> Is there a compiler other than gcc/make I should
> be using?

My understanding is that you're supposed to have an OpenCL SDK
installed, but the main compiler remains gcc.  Lukas might provide a
better answer.

There's no make target enabling OpenCL on Windows yet.  The patch only
adds these two:

linux-x86-64-opencl      Linux, x86-64 with SSE2 and OpenCL (experimental)
linux-x86-opencl         Linux, x86 32-bit with SSE2 and OpenCL (experimental)

So you'd have to define a Windows target on your own (take one of the
existing Windows targets and modify it similarly to how these Linux
targets differ from the corresponding non-OpenCL ones).

Alexander