Date: Thu, 22 Dec 2011 18:17:31 +0400
From: Solar Designer <solar@...nwall.com>
To: john-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: 1.7.9-jumbo5 fails to build with OMPFLAGS = -fopenmp -msse2

On Thu, Dec 22, 2011 at 08:08:30AM -0600, jfoug wrote:
> I found this same issue on cygwin. I almost never build for OMP myself, and
> when I tried it failed. The problem was traced down to the setting of
> ASFLAGS within the rules for cygwin (and possibly others, mingw for sure, if
> it can do OMP).  ASFLAGS has to have -sse2 added for the linkage to work.

This doesn't look like the same issue.  The global ASFLAGS includes
OMPFLAGS, and the freebsd-* targets correctly preserve ASFLAGS (only
adding to it in some of the targets).  (And I think we fixed cygwin-*
to do the same as well.  At least my Cygwin builds with OpenMP worked
just fine.)

Besides, I think you should have been getting duplicate symbols rather
than missing symbols.  So this is really not the same issue.

Alexander