Date: Wed, 21 Sep 2011 14:50:47 +0000 (UTC)
From: Juri <>
Subject: Re: OpenCL patch for John

Lukas Odzioba <lukas.odzioba@...> writes:

> Hi all,
> I'd like to announce OpenCL patch for John. It contains phpass,
> cryptmd5 and cryptsha256 formats. Performance is poor, but will be
> increased especially on amd devices in the next revisions and mscash2,
> cryptsha512 will be added.
> Patch can be downloaded directly from:
> Lukas

I downloaded and applied your patch to the last stable version of John (1.7.8) I
download from the site, but it fails to compile, with this error:

phpassopencl_fmt.c:6:19: fatal error: CL/cl.h: File o directory non esistente
[No such file or directory]
compilation terminated.

I tried to compile with the command "make clean linux-x86-64-opencl" on an
Ubuntu 11.04 machine with gcc version 4.5.2.

What could be the problem?