Date: Thu, 15 Sep 2011 21:03:03 -0500
From: "JimF" <jfoug@....net>
To: <john-users@...ts.openwall.com>
Subject: Re: Social-Engine in md5_gen(*)

From: "Solar Designer" <solar@...nwall.com>

> Elijah, Jim -
>>
>> and here is my variant that seems to be working
>
> Thanks!  If this is something common - and it appears that it is -
> should we possibly make it one of the standard (low-numbered and
> hard-coded) generic MD5 formats in a future -jumbo version?  Jim?

This would be very easy to add as a 'native' format.  Also, handling the
proper max length password based upon SSE build (vs non-SSE), is easy to do.

Speaking of this (ablity to optionally compile the builtin, based upon SSE
or non-SSE compiles), it might be good to add some ways to detect and
possibly have different logic within the script loaded generics.  I have
some ideas, but it is a little OT to this thread.

Jim.