Date: Tue, 13 Sep 2011 03:01:10 +0400
From: Solar Designer <solar@...nwall.com>
To: john-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: External filter question

Pablo -

On Tue, Sep 13, 2011 at 02:41:34AM +0400, Solar Designer wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 13, 2011 at 12:11:50AM +0200, Pablo Fernandez wrote:
> > I guess that, when you said I need to make ext_globals an array, you meant "an
> > array of structs", right?
>
> Yes.  If you like to discuss this sub-topic further, please start a new
> thread on the john-dev list, e.g. "variable exports to external mode".

Actually, no need to discuss this - it was so trivial to implement that
I just did, see patch attached.  And it remains a -users topic because
the patch is ready for use.  (A development detail, though: I recalled
incorrectly, ext_globals is a linked list, not an array.)

Alexander

View attachment "john-1.7.8-external-events.diff" of type "text/plain" (1215 bytes)