Date: Mon, 22 Aug 2011 19:46:24 +0200
From: Roland <roland0509@...il.com>
To: john-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: password with the sign "#"

On Aug 22, 2011, at 4:24 PM, Solar Designer wrote:

> On Mon, Aug 22, 2011 at 12:38:40PM +0200, Roland wrote:
>> I am trying to Crack the Password of my Windows Laptop.
>
> Is there a reason for you to crack it rather than reset it?  Just for fun?
It's my PC I know the Password. I have allready tested to reset it. And I have allready needed to reset a Windows Password. But now I want to crack it.

I have my Password in the Wordlist, but it don't work right. How long does it take to crack the whole wordlist?

If I type ./john dump-file john checks the wordlist?

> Anyway, this should be pretty easy, especially if you have the LM hash
> (and not only NT hash).
>
>> But there is a "#" in the Password.
>
> This is no problem.
>
>> How does that work with the password list? Isn't the "#" the sign for comments?
>
> No, only wordlist lines starting with "#!comment" (a 9-character
> sequence) are treated as comments.
>
> Alexander

Download attachment "signature.asc" of type "application/pgp-signature" (802 bytes)