Date: Sun, 14 Aug 2011 20:37:32 +0000 (UTC)
From: Donovan <contact.newangels@...il.com>
To: john-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: More Length in Jumbo 5 on Mac

Solar Designer <solar@...> writes:

> For incremental mode and versions of JtR currently released, you can
> only go up to length 9 without having to limit the character set.  For
> length 10, you have to use a range of up to 84 ASCII codes.  For length
> 13, you can do 26 ASCII codes (such as either lowercase or uppercase
> letters).
>
> If you need to go beyond length 9 with incremental mode, you'll have to
> use separate builds of JtR for this, with settings as shown in the
> posting you referenced above.
>
> BTW, your reference to LanMan doesn't make sense here, because this hash
> type is limited to length 7 anyway (for the halves).
>
> That's impossible without code changes.
>

> This will be possible in future versions of JtR, and we've tried it out
> in the contest, but you can't do it with the released code.
>
> Alexander

Hello Alexander,

Thanks a lot for your reply, ok it was i think also after trying a lot of tests
this week end by modify the charset & Parameter files & finaly compiled many
times but unfortunately that's don't work...( that's work on one for sure, like
your advices & explain)

Ok, i understand the fact to modify the parameter.h file one by one for each
mode....one for the Lanman , one for alpha, alnum, digits, All, that make 5
versions of JTR for uper than 10 char's...ok, i see & understand.

Anyway, it was an good week end practice & tests !! ;-)

I hope an new build come asap with this new Improvements cause this last days
with the news Algo's like md5_gen & other SHA-X who appear with an lot of pass
uper than 8 char's...

Thanks again Alexander for all your effort's , really appreciated,

Regards,

Donovan