Date: Fri, 12 Aug 2011 16:19:37 +0400
From: Aleksey Cherepanov <aleksey.4erepanov@...il.com>
To: john-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: 'search patterns' workflow, collaboration, helper scripts

On Tue, Aug 09, 2011 at 08:12:26PM +0400, Aleksey Cherepanov wrote:
> During the contest I figured out following workflow around patterns:
> crack some passwords,
> analyze them for patterns,
> try first pattern,
> filter out passwords of found pattern to simplify next patterns search,
> do the same with next pattern,
> when all patterns found crack using general attacks again.

Looking onto passwords with logins together I found that in the contest
were many passwords that were any cased and leeted login with 1
special char appended. It seems to be a pattern and it seems to be
hard to find it without a look on password and login together. So I
think it would be good to add manipulation of pairs instead of
just passwords into scripts for search patterns.

Regards,
Aleksey Cherepanov