Date: Tue, 2 Aug 2011 18:17:00 +0400
From: Solar Designer <solar@...nwall.com>
To: john-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: invitation to team john-users in KoreLogic's "Crack Me If You Can" DEFCON 2011 contest

On Tue, Aug 02, 2011 at 04:25:24PM +0300, Shinnok wrote:
> I have a couple of questions regarding this:
>
> When is the starting day since I can't find it anywhere?

Aleksey has already answered this one.  "The contest will last 48 hours.
>From 11:59pm Thursday August 4th to 11:59:59pm on Saturday August 6th,
all times PST."

> What is used to distribute the hashes amongst peers and then centralize
> the results?

Team members will have ssh access to a shared server, with special
directories processed by cron jobs.

This reminds me: when you e-mail me to join our team, please include
your ssh public key and desired login name right away.

> I wish the best of luck for the john-users team and all John the Ripper
> users.

Thanks!

Alexander