Date: Sat, 30 Jul 2011 17:03:22 +0200
From: groszek <necro@...icon.pl>
To: john-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Sha-256

On 07/30/2011 04:51 PM, Solar Designer wrote:

> Thanks!  I assume your changes relative to my sample code are too trivial
> to be subject to copyright - is this your understanding too?
>
> In these files, the ALGORITHM_NAME strings don't make sense to me -
> perhaps my convention was too cryptic for people to figure out what
> these are supposed to mean.  The rest looks reasonable.
>
> Alexander

Yup. I simply copied your raw-MD4 implementation and changed like.. 5
lines in code for each of the SHA-2 implementations. It worked for my
needs so I was happy. Didn't submit before because of somewhat
troublesome process for submitting patches. Hope it'll be useful to
anyone now that it's out.
With the new plugin system, hopefully, it'll be much easier in the
future. :-)

Can you please explain on what ALGORITHM_NAME means then? I assumed it's
the length of hex representation of ciphertext. But didn't pay too much
attention to that, as it had no visible effect on cracking.