Date: Sat, 30 Jul 2011 13:06:54 -0500
From: "JimF" <jfoug@....net>
To: <john-users@...ts.openwall.com>
Subject: Re: Sha-256

From: <websiteaccess@...il.com>

> is now   $(SED) -n 's/^\(struct fmt_main [^ ]*\) =.*/extern \1;/p'
> *_fmt_plug.c > fmt_externs.h
>
> is now   $(SED) -n 's/^struct fmt_main \([^ ]*\)
> =.*/john_register_one(\&\1);/p' *_fmt_plug.c > fmt_registers.h
>
> I have recompiled JTR, then ./john -test, I get this
>
> Benchmarking: Raw SHA-1(8x) [SHA-1]... DONE
> Raw: 8892K c/s real, 8892K c/s virtual
>
> Benchmarking: Raw SHA224 [56/64]... [iMac-de-xxx-xx:05808] *** Process
> received signal ***

Ignoring the crash (for this reply), it sounds like the change in the SED
line, from \+ to * is what was required to get this build properly making
the fmt_*.h files under lion.   This is one of the changes which will be
coming out in a subsquent jumbo patch.

Right now, Solar has his time tied up on the korelogic contest, mostly.  It
may be that we make a community Jumbo-4a patch, in the interim.  There are
numerous things which have been added (along with this build issue).  I
still have some changes to get completed this weekend, but we can probably
produce a 'non' official jumbo enhancement, vs having over a dozen patches.
This would simply be rolling all of these patches up into one single patch,
properly applying them all, in order.    Then we can post a single J4a
tarball, and a diff file to go from J4 to J4a.   I will try to get this out
in the next day or so, my time today is shot doing other 'honey-do' stuff.

As for the 4 new formats, and crashing on Mac, I am not able to diagnose
this.  Actually, I have not even looked at the formats themselves at all, so
have no idea about them.  However, if someone with lion can build them, and
have a look, it would be appreciated.

Jim.