Date: Sun, 24 Jul 2011 21:07:35 +0000 (UTC)
From: Donovan <contact.newangels@...il.com>
To: john-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: $H$ format

websiteaccess@... <websiteaccess@...> writes:

> Hi
>
>  I can't load my $H$ hash in JTR 1.7.8jumbo4
>
>   test	md5_gen(17)$H$9pmUWqlKpXo/R2aiwyJnt6P/nNbv.A0
>
>  I get
>
> iMac-de-xxx-xx:run xxxxxx$ ./johnsse2 -i:all test.txt
> -format='md5_gen(17)'
> No password hashes loaded (see FAQ)
>
>  please, is someone can build a clear doc with all format supported in
> JTR and the right syntax type in terminal ?
>
>  Thanks
>
>  W/A/

Hello,

I understand your feel about the syntax ! your hashes is an MD5(Phpb3) algo'.

I Second you about the right format to use for each of all algo's existed
today....the amout is impressive, it will be nice maybe if some dev's can plan
to integrated an Process into JTR for an automatic recognition of all the actual
hashes ( like is the case for by ex; LM, DES etc.)...cause it's an real pain to
find the just format...my 2 cent's anyway.

Regards,

Donovan