Date: Tue, 28 Jun 2011 16:08:21 +0300
From: kalgecin <kalgecin@...il.com>
To: john-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Parallel cracking

Hey guys,
I was thinking on how to use several jtr instances on my computers and I
thought that if jtr could be split in to two parts.

Part one: server
This would receive cracked hashes, store them and tell all the clients that
they have been cracked.

Second part:
The client which will be cracking hashes and sending them to the server say
every 60 secs, and receive cracked hashes.

This is more like a shared john.pot maybe later add a feature that will
split the work load or something. As I think a big part would have to be
rewritten but it may be worth it. Just wanted to know what opinion you guys
have on it

Sent from my android 2.3.4