Date: Fri, 17 Jun 2011 14:09:56 +0400
From: Solar Designer <solar@...nwall.com>
To: john-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: website revamp

Hi Shinnok,

On Fri, Jun 17, 2011 at 01:35:22AM +0300, Shinnok wrote:
> I have a suggestion to make though, the dated paragraphs as seen at
> http://openwall.com/news are pretty hard to read and distinguish.
> I propose trying to distinguish them somehow through at least something
> like this:
> http://trunk.shinnok.com/openwall_html/news.html

OK, I've applied similar changes.

> I've also taken the liberty to change the href colors to something more
> in-theme with the current colorscheme, since blue doesn't fit that well.
> If not for all href's at least for hover would be nice in addition to
> underline.

I did that for hover only.  Having all links in red looked weird to me.

I also tried "border-color: #C21800;" for the news paragraphs, but I had
mixed feelings about that, so I removed it for now.

Now I'd appreciate some workaround for IE6 and another for narrow
browser windows (narrower than approx. 1000 pixels, which currently
breaks the CSS menu).

This is not to start a lengthy off-topic thread (which I'd have to
moderate).  But I do appreciate review/advice from the community.

Thanks,

Alexander