Date: Mon, 11 Apr 2011 05:39:34 +0400
From: "(GalaxyMaster)" <galaxy@...nwall.com>
To: john-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: irc channel for Openwall

Shinnok,

On Sun, Apr 10, 2011 at 06:49:47PM +0300, Shinnok wrote:
> I have been looking for an official irc channel for Openwall where
> people can ask questions or just idle around on issues pertaining to
> JtR, Owl, oss-security and everything Openwall in general. Is there an
> #openwall  channel somewhere or for individual projects like #owl? I
[...]
> A good place for such a channel would be freenode of course and I'm the

It might have been a good idea to check FreeNode for '#openwall' before
posting the message above :).  The channel is #openwall and it is on
FreeNode.

Anyway, your message is still valuable since you brought a more general
question of Openwall IRC presence not just #openwall.  My thoughts on
this is that you are free to start any additional channels as you see
appropriate and if people find it useful we can make these channels
official for the corresponding project of Openwall.

Indeed, this was my opinion only and Solar may disagree with it.

--
(GM)