Date: Thu, 31 Mar 2011 20:48:25 -0500
From: Daniel Beard <trigulus@...il.com>
To: john-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Questions about JtR

Hi everybody,

I'm working on a project that utilizes a part of JtR, specifically bitslice
DES (CPU) and eventually (if I don't write it) bitslice DES for GPUs.
Everything else is my own code. In particular there's an algorithm that I've
translated from PHP to C++ and is lacking a key part namely the DES
encryption. So, I have a few general questions since I'm stuck.

1) Am I allowed to use parts from JtR in a seperate project (again, namely
bitslice DES)?
2) Are the Windows binaries cross compiled from a Linux host?
3) The "arch.h" file included in the DES source is that generated by gcc,
make or something else?

That's all I can think of right now.

Regards,
Daniel