Date: Sun, 20 Mar 2011 19:14:18 +0100
From: Thomas Bertani <mail@...masbertani.it>
To: john-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: GSOC - GPU for hashes

Hi,
I'm Thomas Bertani, an italian student currently enrolled in computer
engineering.
I'm very interested in gpgpu too and I wanted to take part to the gsoc this
year so I found the jtr's gpgpu related stuff.
In the past I have used CUDA as a way to speed up the dtw algorithm
computation and now I'm really interested in the following tasks:

- GPU for slow hashes
- GPU for fast hashes

Actually CUDA is still the best way to do gpgpu as openCL is a much younger
project so CUDA is more mature. However also using openCL could be a choice
to consider.

Is there any further step I can do to go deep into the gpgpu related tasks?

Thomas