Date: Sun, 20 Mar 2011 21:06:44 +0100
From: magnum <rawsmooth@...dband.net>
To: john-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: single mode

I feel I lack some details about single mode. Actually the best would be
if one could use --stdout together with a [small] input file, for
studying/tweaking rules. But it's not important enough to call for so
maybe I should just hack in an fprintf somewhere and study it.

Here is one specific question: Would I ever need to swap 1 and 2 in
rules? I mean, if I have this rule:

-p 1 $@ 2

is there any reason to also have:

-p 2 $@ 1