Date: Sat, 19 Mar 2011 02:22:05 +0000
From: Ɓukasz Odzioba <lukas.odzioba@...il.com>
To: john-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: GSOC - GPU for hashes

Hi!
my name is Lukas, I'm student from Poland. I found JTRs organization
during Google Summer of Code program.
I'm interested in the following tasks:

JtR: GPU for slow hashes
JtR: GPU for fast hashes

I would appreciate an additional information about them.
For now I've got these questions:
Q1) what have to be computed on GPU (check every possible combination
paralelly)?
Q2) do you have any prefferences about technology (I would prefer cuda)?
Q3) I'm not getting the difference between slow and fast hashes, whats
all about or where i can found this type of information?
Q4) what hashing functions have to be implemented?

Lukas