Date: Tue, 1 Mar 2011 23:25:21 -0600
From: "jfoug" <jfoug@....net>
To: <john-users@...ts.openwall.com>
Subject: RE: MD5 Generic improvements

That is upsetting.  I thought I had it fixed.  The 'manual' patch was wrong.
Yes, it worked for non-salted, however, it 'worked' for all. Thus all salted
formats failed, because it always gave a blank salt.  Not what I had
intended.

I will have to address this, sorry, I thought the v2 had that fixed and
behind us.

Jim.