Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2011 08:56:52 +0300
From: Solar Designer <solar@...nwall.com>
To: john-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: GSoC 2011

Hi,

Google Summer of Code 2011 will start accepting applications from
mentoring organizations later today:

http://www.google-melange.com/gsoc/program/home/google/gsoc2011

I am considering applying, on behalf of Openwall.  Application requires
that we setup an "ideas page".  Here's a draft:

http://openwall.info/wiki/ideas

(The task descriptions will need to be more verbose - perhaps at least a
paragraph per task.)

I'd appreciate any comments and suggestions.

Also, are there any eligible students in here who would want to
participate, working on our "ideas" (you can propose some too)?

Anyone in here participated in GSoC before?  If so, I'd appreciate help
in adjusting/splitting/merging the ideas into suitable "chunks" - or is
this better not done until we receive some student applications (and can
take them into consideration)?

I am new to GSoC.  No idea if we'll be accepted even... but I figured
this is worth a try.

Please let me know.

Thanks,

Alexander