Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2011 02:11:18 +0300
From: Solar Designer <solar@...nwall.com>
To: john-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Insert word between words

On Thu, Feb 24, 2011 at 09:47:18PM +0100, websiteaccess@...il.com wrote:
>  I have a very large wordlist composed with 2 words (64 gigas)
>
>  With "john dog" , there is 8 charaters,
>  How can I select only line with 1st word smaller than 5 characters ?
> :-/

This gets tricky, but here you are:

[List.Rules:Wordlist]
'5 /[ ] Dp X5zz Ap"love"

With this rule and the following wordlist:

$ cat w
john dog
dog john
2 1
5char word

the output is:

$ john -w=w --rules --stdout
johnlovedog
doglovejohn
2love1
words: 3  time: 0:00:00:00 100%  w/s: 300  current: 2love1

I interpreted your "smaller than" literally.  If you did not mean it as
such, you could want to change the two 5's to 6's in the rule.

Alexander

P.S. Please try to quote relevant context only, not entire messages.