Date: Tue, 8 Feb 2011 00:33:58 +0300
From: Solar Designer <solar@...nwall.com>
To: john-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Gawker.chr (was: 1.7.6 with jumbo 11 patch (or omp-des-7) 64-Bit Fedora 14 RPM's)

On Sun, Feb 06, 2011 at 12:28:48AM +0000, Brandon Enright wrote:
> I have been working on cracking Gawkers too.  With the help from
> others, I have cracked 667073 of 743863 unique hashes (89.67%).  It
> would be nice to sync up our cracks.  Contact me off list if you're up
> for doing so.

This is impressive.  Are you going to describe your approach?  Are you
going to make the results public? - at least a .chr file and top N
passwords, but preferably all of the actual passwords such that new .chr
files and the like may be generated from them.

Meanwhile, I've placed Simon's .chr file to:

http://download.openwall.net/pub/projects/john/contrib/gawker/

Alexander