Date: Mon, 20 Dec 2010 10:22:16 -0500
From: Rich Rumble <richrumble@...il.com>
To: john-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Changing Double to use All Characters

I modified the Double external mode with the following line:

while (i--) current[i] = '0'; (was 'a')
<snip>

Writing to Stdout and checking, it appears to use all cases,
all numbers and some specials. How would I modify the mode
to use all specials? I've experimented with a few other characters
in that place but nothing yet has worked.I've cracked far more
this way than using A-Z or a-z, and depending on the hash
it still goes very very fast. I've also extended the length for
NTLM and others very easily:
int length, current[16];
<snip>
if (!current && length < 8) {