Date: Sat, 27 Nov 2010 03:39:25 +0300
From: Solar Designer <solar@...nwall.com>
To: john-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: need help with AK1 hashes

On Wed, Nov 17, 2010 at 04:58:07PM -0700, ultramegaman wrote:
> At the bottom I've included 5 samples. They are all encrypted versions
> of the same password, on the same device, for the same username.

You can improve your chances by posting the password and the username.
Also, consider posting a set of hashes for a different yet similar
password (perhaps change just one letter), and post that password as well.

Are you able to get these for an empty password?  This could be helpful.

Finally, consider generating many more of these (for the same password
and username) in hope to get a few matching salts.  This will help
determine the size of the salt.

> Samples:
> AK1qMcbFCj5dLusdjY/M8MgUC0JAhrDNq3K4Xn8GETv5fU=
> AK1AS3lmocr8Y5ECLk+ntshErUyjNqwXjmoq6B4iie3mWk=
> AK1j6nxZa49zxhyqgKC13RRAwEBbKdijjqcMwYMM7qUu04=
> AK1CYbgGuOBM/dNpnXUxvTQ9pPjkf7zNdbsZ5Cq5mByW6E=
> AK1ysFNoeLTfqOlitc++/dPaFsUW6xeId70WEBChxh3JUA=

Alexander