Date: Mon, 25 Oct 2010 19:30:11 -0400
From: Brad Tilley <brad@...ystems.com>
To: john-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Solution to this 'l33t' rules problem?

Following Matt's example, I quickly wrote my own leet generator. I just
did all the possibilities rather than make it customizable or flexible.
Again, these sets depend on your idea of what leet is:

b = "bB86"
r = "rR2"
a = "aA4@"
d = "dD"

4 * 3 * 4 * 2 = 96

Here are my leetified strings (I'm pretty sure this is a complete set of
possibilities):

echo brad | ./possibilities
brad
braD
brAd
brAD
br4d
br4D
br@d
br@D
bRad
bRaD
bRAd
bRAD
bR4d
bR4D
bR@d
bR@D
b2ad
b2aD
b2Ad
b2AD
b24d
b24D
b2@d
b2@D
Brad
BraD
BrAd
BrAD
Br4d
Br4D
Br@d
Br@D
BRad
BRaD
BRAd
BRAD
BR4d
BR4D
BR@d
BR@D
B2ad
B2aD
B2Ad
B2AD
B24d
B24D
B2@d
B2@D
8rad
8raD
8rAd
8rAD
8r4d
8r4D
8r@d
8r@D
8Rad
8RaD
8RAd
8RAD
8R4d
8R4D
8R@d
8R@D
82ad
82aD
82Ad
82AD
824d
824D
82@d
82@D
6rad
6raD
6rAd
6rAD
6r4d
6r4D
6r@d
6r@D
6Rad
6RaD
6RAd
6RAD
6R4d
6R4D
6R@d
6R@D
62ad
62aD
62Ad
62AD
624d
624D
62@d
62@D

There are: 96 leet possibilities for the word: brad

Keep in mind that total possibilities depends on the size of each
individual set. If I add one character to a set, then the possibilities
go up.

Brad