Date: Tue, 28 Sep 2010 18:47:16 +0200
From: "Magnum, P.I." <rawsmooth@...dband.net>
To: john-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: NT/unicode issue in current version

> Why is it unable to crack the ΓΌ? Isit a bug? Is it the unintended
> result of some black magic ninja optimization somewhere? Or is it just me?

Found it. Maybe it is architecture or compiler dependant, and maybe my
enclosed fix is not the ultimate solution but it works now. I only fixed
one of the architecture-dependant sections so it is incomplete. I guess
the same casting could be applied to the other sections but I haven't
looked at it. I added a self-test so it's easy to try for others.

magnum

View attachment "NTfix.diff" of type "text/x-patch" (907 bytes)