Date: Thu, 23 Sep 2010 11:51:57 -0700 (PDT)
From: Scott Hamilton <shamil614@...oo.com>
To: john-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Trying to port user accounts to a web site

Here's the short version:
1. My company has created a new ecommerce site to replace an outdated AspDotNet
Storefront Website
2. We want to give the users a seamless transition to the new site by porting
over user names and passwords
3. I have access to the password hashes but no way of decrypting the passwords
through  AspDotNet Storefront .Net code
4. I tested John on a Windows and Mac machine with sample hashes from a link I
found on the John site:

    http://academic2.bellevue.edu/~ssampson/406/sampass.txt
    sampson:Ow06fqHB6ysaA
  karloff:uQ06RXChrzXbY
  lugosi:kFhgmH8fTvSSk
  dracula:stSPW.KvG4wRI
  franken:cmtq8/a9gPY0g
    As expected John decrypted the hashes like a champ.
5.  I tried running a few our the  AspDotNet Storefron's hashes through and
received the following error: No password hashes loaded.
6. Here's a sample that I used:

user1@...plepc.com:Pz8/Excycz8YMWY1P0U6P0A/egJKPz8/BW5mP3gPXT8PfhVhdz8mPzM/Pz8/CmoX

user2@...il.com:D2o/Pz96Tj8/Pz90Aw13Dm0/ST8/CSM/Pz9lOz9nPz8/Pyo/cz9iaDQ/Nz91PD8F

user3@...oo.com:PyA/eRpdPzYNEgtPP2NzAT8zPyE/PxQgPxA/Pz8/Pz8ZPz8/ID93PxxyPz8/Pz8/
7. I'm afraid that I don't know encryption algorithm used in the AspDotNet
Storefront site.

I did my best to read through the FAQ / Documentation, but I'm very new to
cracking.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks.