Date: Mon, 6 Sep 2010 17:11:57 -0700
From: Alain Espinosa <alainesp@...il.com>
To: john-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: NTLM and OpenCL 1.0

On 9/6/10, Erik Winkler <ewinkler@...ls.com> wrote:
> Patch applies and compiles just fine.  Here are my results on MacOS 10.6.4
> on 2.4 Ghz Core2 MacBook with NVIDIA GeForce 9400M:

You can give a try to CPU only changing a flag in the code (fmt_NT_init).

> Nice work.  I am sure a faster GPU would produce better results than this.
> Strange that only the GPU is used and not the CPU+GPU, unless that is how it
> is designed to work.

Its designed to use only GPU, for now at least, and i do not think a
better GPU improve the results, the bottleneck its in generating keys
and transfer this keys to GPU. Besides the code its a first
aproximation, no optimizations has been made.

alain