Date: Mon, 6 Sep 2010 17:29:09 -0400
From: Erik Winkler <ewinkler@...ls.com>
To: john-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: NTLM and OpenCL 1.0

Alain,

Patch applies and compiles just fine.  Here are my results on MacOS 10.6.4 on 2.4 Ghz Core2 MacBook with NVIDIA GeForce 9400M:

Standard 64-bit (1-core at ~100% utilization)
./john -test=15 -format:NT
Benchmarking: NT MD4 [128/128 X2 SSE2-16]... DONE
Raw:	24010K c/s real, 24042K c/s virtual

OpenCL 64-bit (Note that CPU never exceeds 20% utilization during this test - this is all GPU)
./john -test=15 -format:NT
Benchmarking: NT MD4 [OpenCL 1.0]... DONE
Raw:	2767K c/s real, 14573K c/s virtual

Nice work.  I am sure a faster GPU would produce better results than this.  Strange that only the GPU is used and not the CPU+GPU, unless that is how it is designed to work.

Erik