Date: Tue, 24 Aug 2010 16:48:46 -0400
From: rs904c@...scape.net
To: john-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Small fix needed for netscreen.py and it doesn't work with python version 3

John Users,

I found an error in my current netscreen.py.

I mistakenly have a tab in my current version of the netscreen.py, so I need to fix that.

However, I am wondering if I should update it to run in python 3.1.x.    The fixed script, won't run in python 3.1.x, since python 2.x and 3.x are not fully compatible.

So, I'm not sure what to do,  we may need to have two different version of the script, one for python 3.x and one for python 2.x, since they are not fully compatible.

So, should I keep the script in python 2.x format (but it won't run in python 3.x) , or upgrade to python 3.x format (but it won't run in python 2.x), or have two scripts, one in each format?

-Robert Harris