Date: Wed, 11 Aug 2010 16:07:32 -0400
From: "Meyer, Bruce" <bdmeyer@....sc.gov>
To: "john-users@...ts.openwall.com" <john-users@...ts.openwall.com>
Subject: Re: WEP cracking

I did look at it with cain's tool, If it's the key, it's a pretty darn good one. Well, except for it being wep.  :-)

Thank you!

-- Bruce

On Aug 11, 2010, at 3:55 PM, RB wrote:

On Wed, Aug 11, 2010 at 13:27, Meyer, Bruce <bdmeyer@....sc.gov> wrote:
> I asked the person that gave me the 'key' to crack.
> It is actually a cisco hash of the key.

Ah, those aren't typically hashes, it's actually reversible
obfuscation - usually the "Cisco type 7."  There are quite a few tools
available to unpack that, one of which is included with 'vpnc'.